Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Gettin in the Groove...

So it's Tuesday the 26th at 5:30... I'm done for the day. It was a really busy day, but a great day. I'm starting to feel like I actually know what's going on at work. I've been making storyboards, billing and creating estimates, attending status meetings and client presentations, compiling competitive research and other miscellaneous stuff... I really like what I do, it's so fun to work on something and see stuff get created before the rest of the world. I'm learning about timelines and strategic development and so much more.

On top of getting situated at work, the rest of my life is falling into place. I LOVE my new apartment and I have great roommates. I moved in a little over a week ago... I had to rough it on an air mattress for a week, but my parents drove up from GA this past Saturday with my bed and stuff. They took me to IKEA and I bought some furniture and curtains. I'm still working on getting it all unpacked and pulled together, but I'm hoping to make a lot of progress tonight.

Building a social life has actually been a lot easier than I anticipated... I work with so many young people - most of who moved to NYC like I did - and they are all very friendly and willing to hang out. I already have a "Grey's Anatomy Thursday" group... nothing like a girls night of yummy food and a juicy TV show. Plus there are always happy hours or birthday parties to go to. Last week several of my co-workers went with me to the West Village to hear Moonshine Still, it was strange seeing people I know in NYC, I'm so used to everyone being a stranger. But we all had fun, and it was good to go hear some music.

I've also started getting up at 6am to go running... there is a trail that goes right along the East River only a few blocks from my apt. It's really nice and safe. I like getting up early to run, I feel like I have more energy at work when I do... so we'll see how long I can keep that up. I also want to start playing sax in some community band. At Grey we have a company band, they are competing this Wednesday night and they did a pre-show in our cafeteria for employees. I was really impressed and I'm hoping to get involved with that whenever they open up for try-outs. I'm also working on my guitar playing skills, building those callouses back and studying cords and scales.

It's starting to feel more and more like home. I miss people from Georgia all the time, but I feel like I definitely made the right choice. I still don't know if I want to stay here forever - but I know I want to stay for a long while, at least through my 20's then probably longer... I guess only time will tell.

Well - I'm going to enjoy my early night off and head home to do laundry and unpack. :)

No comments: