:) So I slightly exaggerated when I said a "limo" was picking me up from work yesterday... I mean, they called a "limousine service" so I guess it was only fair for me to assume that it was a real limo. But I was definitely wrong. All car services are called Limo Services up here, and so when they called the limo service for 5 people, we got picked up in a black 15-passenger van. I guess with a little imagination, I can still pretend it was a real limo... But either way it was pretty cool... even cooler though was spending all day at the video shoot! It was amazing; I walked around the set, gave feedback on the video footage, sat next to the director behind the cameras, spent time with the clients, and relaxed in a BEAUTIFUL huge loft space in Long Island City. The location is a private apartment and of course I got to spend my time chilling on the garden terrace with a skyline view of Manhattan, while sitting in a directors chair. I'm sure I sound like I'm bragging, but it was the coolest day of work I have ever had, in fact, I didn't even feel like I was working.
Today I am back at the office for a slow Friday. I am still getting settled in around here, I still kinda feel like I don't know my ass from my elbow... but it gets better everyday. I think I found a great apartment in Manhattan last night, but it's being shown to two other people this weekend, so I won't know until Sunday... keep your fingers crossed for me!!
The commute to and from NJ still sucks, but I am making the best of it, I just start talking to strangers to entertain myself... it's not really the New York way, they tend to sit in silence and stare, but every now and then I find an excuse to strike up a conversations. Just last night I met a guy from Russia who was in New Jersey on an exchange program!
Well, my lunch break is pretty much over so I better get back to work and go meet with my AE. I'm staying crazy busy between work and apartment hunting. I didn't get back home to NJ until 12:30 am last night, and then had to wake up at 6am! Ugh... it was a rough ride on the subway... Tonight I am having drinks and dinner with a new friend in Brooklyn, she's taking me out for cuban sandwiches! Yumm :)
No comments:
Post a Comment