Thursday, September 28, 2006

Music in Manhattan...

So it's 8pm on a Thursday night and I'm just heading out from work... it was a long day but a great one. My AE was out sick most of the day, so I was on my own to figure things out. Tomorrow morning our client wants to have phone meeting with me to go over the status of all billing... and I'm really excited. It will be my first time just taking control of the wheel and directing the conversation with a client... that's very cool.

But the side of my life that exists outside of work - I'm really excited about finding opportunities to play sax with friends or with a group. A co-worker of mine plays the alto, he picked it back up when he graduated from college after not having played since middle school. He wants a little help with theory and technique and so we're going to start playing together. Plus he is really interested in jazz which is what I want to study more of and so hopefully we'll be able to help each other improve. He actually plays in the Grey band called the Subliminals - who just won 1st place last night in an Ad Band competition. I am so excited for them and I hope that maybe next year I can play in it too.

Ok - well now I have to leave. I'm going to my friends apt in the West Village to watch Grey's Anatomy and eat yummy popcorn. :)

No comments: